Baker's Hill is a famous hang out place in Palawan, known for their freshly baked goodies like hopia, munchies and crinkles. It is located on top of a...
The Capitol Building in Iloilo referred to as the "Casa Real" or Royal House during the Spanish times was built in 1840.
The "Casa Real" was the residence of the alcalde-mayor or governor, then the highest Spanish Official in Iloilo. The Flagpole gave way to the Arroyo Fountain in 1927. The "Casa Real" on the other hand was remolded in 1960 after Jose Zulueta became the governor of the province. Though some structures might have been preserved, the colonnade at the front of the entire structure was demolished.
On November 4, 1998, a fire of unknown source baffled the capitol damaging almost more than the half of the whole building leaving only the main building. This resulted to the construction of a six-storey Provincial Capitol of the future initiated by Gov. Arthur D. Defensor and brought to finish by Gov. Niel D. Tupas, Sr., it now stand behind the original structure.