Pindangan Ruins - La Union Attractions

Pindangan Ruins

Pindangan Ruins is located at Brgy. Parian, San Fernando City, La Union, Philippines.


Pindangan Ruins is the vestige of the oldest church that was built in May 6, 1786 that symbolizes the union of two sitios, SAN VICENTE DE BALANAC, a coastal village, and SAN GUILLERMO DE DALANGDANG, a village at the foothills of mountains, both desiring for mutual protection against their assailants, the pirates and the headhunters through Fr. Jose Torres in 1759. The settlement was named as Pindangan which was derived from the Ilocano word Pindang, a traditional method of drying fish in the locality. On the same date, May 6, 1786 that Pindangan was founded as Ministerio de San Fernando in Honor of King Ferdinand of Spain. The church was damaged due to the earthquake that occurred in the year 1892.



Events Related to Pindangan Ruins

Annual City Fiesta
Bacsil Ridge Celebration
Feast of Our Lady of Caysasay
Ma-tzu Festival
Pindangan Festival

Attractions Related to Pindangan Ruins

Agoo Semana Santa
Agoo-Damortis National Seashore Park
Bacsil Ridge Monument
Baroro Bridge Marker
Battle of San Fernando Marker
Eagle of the North Park
Fagg Reef
Heroes Hill & Freedom Park Stairway
La Union Botanical and Zoological Garden
La Union Science Centrum and Museum
Ma-Cho Temple
Mariner's Hill
Mirador Hill
Moro Watch Tower
Museo de La Union
Pagoda Hill
Poro Point Boardwalk
Shrine of Our Lady of Namacpacan
Wallace Air Station