Attractions - Local Philippines


Ugid Maling Subterranean River located four kilometers away from Poblacion, Balbalan and a good three and a half hours ride from the Capitol Town.  It is a maze of cavernous boulders and rocks a top each other forming a cavern.

Uguid Underground River is located in Tabuk, Kalinga, Philippines.  An underground river underneath the Uguid Mountain in the municipality of Balbalan along the Kalinga-Abra National Road about 70 kilometers from the capital town of Tabuk.  Source:members.surfeu

Ulong Tubig is located in Carmona, Cavite, Philippines. It is a pool formed by natural spring water emanating from the adjacent hill. The pool leads to the irrigation pump, which supplies a vast number of rice fields in Carmona. The area is shaded by coconut trees and other greenery. In the morning, the water appears to be very clear. However, in the afternoon, it changes to a green hue due to algae disturbed by the swimmers.

Umang Cave is located at Caramoan, Camarines Sur, Philippines Like a deformed cathedral the cave interior is illuminated by natural windows millions of bats flying in circles petrified hill of guano. Source:Province of Camarines Sur 

Naga City
Located inside the University of Nueva Caceres campus, the UNC museum is one of the oldest museum outside Manila and recognized by the International Association of Museum. It houses historical articrafts of the ancient Bicol, its people and its cultureHow to get thereNaga City in Camarines Sur is accessible from Manila via the scenic Pan-Philippine Highway. Air-conditioned coaches plyin the Manila to Naga route leave the Araneta Center at 30 minutes intervals startin at about 4 p.m. thru 9:30 p.m. daily. For tourists coming from the Ermita Center, another set of air-conditioned buses, can take you through the same route to Naga. By AirNaga City can also be reached by plane through the Pili airport. Philippine airlines and Asian Spirit for traveler eager to reach Camarines Sur

The oldest university of the Philippines and in Asia that was founded on April 11, 1611 by Reverend Father Miguel de Benavides.Originally opened as the College of Our Lady of the Rosary - the university has been bestowed the title "Royal" by King Charles III of Spain 8n 1758, while Pope Leo XIII granted the title "Pontifical" in 1902.Located originally in Intramuros, it was only transferred to its present site in 1911. The university has 3 ecclesiastical faculties, namely: Theology, Canon law and Philosophy. There are 12 colleges and faculties as well.Owned by the Spanish Dominicans which is governed by the Board of Trustees. Until the late 19th century, the university only accepted students od Spanish parentage. Women were first admitted in 1927.UST campus served also as an interment camp for American, British, Canadians and other allied nationals by the Japanese Occupation Forces from January 1942 - February 1945. More than 10,000 people were imprisoned although it never held more than 4,000 at one time.How to get thereFrom T.M. Kalaw St., hail a PUJ for "Fairview". Get off right in front of the university along España.Travel Time: Approximately 25

Los Banos
UPLB Museum of Natural History is located in UP Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines.  The museum was established on September 30, 1976. This museum consists of preserved biological and zoological specimens, wood samples; by-products of microorganism, and also thousands of living plants/trees maintained in a separate location. This museum also serves as a reference for science and a center for documentation, research, and information. It has a diverse collection of more than 200,000 preserved Philippine animals, plants, cultures of living microorganisms, and other biota that showcase the country's rich biodiversity. It houses most of the priceless collections of birds and small mammals of the late Dr. Dioscoro Rabor, and has in its hortorium a diverse collection of living plants. A multi-colored diorama of Philippine flora and fauna and video presentations on biodiversity are special museum features.

April 26-27 | Banaue, Ifugao, Philippines.  Town fiesta at the same time performing the cultural ritual of the "urpih" by the town mayor. Similar to the kulpi of Lagawe & Asipulo except that Banaue has no "K" in their dialect.

Camp Spencer, the general headquarters of the USAFIP, NL located along Darigayos Cove in Luna, is reserved as a Military Shrine and Park by virtue of Proclamation 590 signed by President Fidel V. Ramos on June 1, 1995. Darigayos is approximately 34.2 kilometers north of San Fernando accessible through the Bitalag Junction in Bacnotan or through Balaoan.

Los Banos
Valesol Haven is located at U.P. Los Baños Campus, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines.  This half-hectare farm is where tropical flowers and orchid varieties such as with cattleyas, dendrobiums, vandas, waling-waling, anthuriums in various stages of growth are raised. Mr. Carlos Lazaro, its owner, also provides lectures on orchid and anthurium propagation.