Baker's Hill is a famous hang out place in Palawan, known for their freshly baked goodies like hopia, munchies and crinkles. It is located on top of a...
Isabela City is located on the northern shore of Basilan.
Across the Basilan Strait to the north is Zamboanga City. Zamboanga City is very accessible via ferry boat (lantsa) or fast sea craft (which takes only 45 minutes ride) and even pumpboat.
The Topography of the whole area of Isabela is an irregular, rolling terrain. The steepest grades of over 60% are found in some parts of the Barangays of Menzi, Busay, Panunsulan, Calvario, Kapayawan and Kapatagan in the mainland and in the barangays of Panigayan and Sta. Barbara in Malamawi Island.
Based on the Modified Coronas Climate Classification Scheme by the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Service Administration (PAGASA), Isabela City is classified under Type III zone, in which there are no pronounced maximum rain periods with short dry season lasting from 1 to 3 months.
Primary Economic Enterprises
* Baluno and Menzi are two baranggays that produce agricultural products, primarily rubber. They have their own rubber processing plants from the raw rubber sap, and sell these products to merchants for export. Also these rubber processing cooperatives contribute much to Isabela City's employment rate.
* Isabela City's OTOP (One Town One Product)showcase is: crumb rubber, owing to the number of rubber processing plants located within City limits.
* BF Goodrich and Sime Darby Tires are the major international investments in the city.
* The Barandino Estate, Alano Group of Companies, The Biel Transportion are some of the longtime local investors in the city.
* Other Major Economic Activities include coconut/copra production and, to a lesser extent, bamboo crafts/furnitures
* Jollibee Basilan, the first Manila-based fastfood company to locate in the province, is the 500th Jollibee branch opened in early 2005.
* Twin's Pavilion, for elegant night soirees and other special occasions
* Font's and Mon's Restaurant, fastfood located at the center of town
* Emerald Cafe, sidewalk cafe located beside Isabela City Plaza
* Lolo Jose Grille and Restaurant, offering native dishes, located in Sunrise Barangay
* The Hidden Garden - located in J.S.Alano Compound, Doña Ramona T. Alano Barangay
Sports & Entertainment
* D'Biel Bowling Center, located in Sunrise Barangay
* RAFCER Entertainment Complex - disco, videoke, bowling, located in Menzi Barangay
* 3 Tennis Courts (Basilan Tennis Club at Tabuk, Basilan PNP Tennis Club and Menzi Tennis Club both in Menzi Barangay)
* Badminton games are played nightly at the Isabela City Gym
* Volleyball games may be played in the schools, as well as the BNHS Grandstand and J.S.Alano Compound
* a number of Videoke Bars and Restaurants are open until 2AM